Our new vision:
“As Frome grows, its River should be conserved as a clean, healthy, nature-rich, free-
flowing river system which provides a natural habitat for a diversity of life and an
accessible green corridor which connects people to nature.”
- To maintain and improve the ecological quality of the River, its green corridor and
- To promote landscape improvements which enhance the urban River environment.
- To prevent and remediate adverse human impacts on the River and its catchment.
- To promote public enjoyment and health benefits by enabling environmentally
- To nurture interest in and knowledge of the River and ensure its condition is
Thank you to everyone who made comments on the draft. Sue Everett and I have now revised the document and the final version will be presented to Frome Town Council on Wednesday 20 May for endorsement and incorporation into their plans.
The FoRF Committee will be now looking at how to take forward each of the five strands and looking for volunteers to help in each category.