Frome River Strategy 2020 – 2030
Frome Town Council has formally adopted the Frome River Strategy as a policy document.
FoRF Committee is now working on an implementation plan with champions for each of the five key aims:
1. To maintain and improve the ecological quality of the River, its green corridor and tributaries.
2. To promote landscape improvements which enhance the urban River environment.
3. To prevent and remediate adverse human impacts on the River and its catchment.
4. To promote public enjoyment and health benefits by enabling environmentally sensitive access.
5. To nurture interest in and knowledge of the River and ensure its condition is monitored.
The previous strategy was incorporated into the 2016 Neighbourhood Plan for Frome