The river strategy details all our projects and aims for 2020 – 2030. It’s been formally adopted by Frome Town Council as a policy document.
It has five key aims:
1. To maintain and improve the ecological quality of the River, its green corridor and tributaries.
2. To promote landscape improvements which enhance the urban River environment.
3. To prevent and remediate adverse human impacts on the River and its catchment.
4. To promote public enjoyment and health benefits by enabling environmentally sensitive access.
5. To nurture interest in and knowledge of the River and ensure its condition is monitored.
The previous strategy was incorporated into the Council’s 2016 Neighbourhood Plan for Frome.